Saturday, July 7, 2007

CURRENTLY...

Entry for January 29, 2007

Now that I am mature I was told by a noted authority that I need to say something of myself at this stage of my life. Actually, its a bit boring because now that I have grown up, things around me are not that stimulating. However, to bring you upo date, I have now retired in a gerisatric form of an apartment complex. Everywhere I look, I see wheel chairs,mechanized scooters and walkers. I tried to make one of my smooth approaches last week and this nice looking lady hit me with her walker. I must really look like a shady character because 50 years ago when I first used that approach, it always brought good results. My apartment is quite nice for a old guy living by himself. I have my sister in law Frieda and her two daughters to thank for that. My daughter Linda lives here in Mesa as do my grandsons Matt and family, Renn, Marcie's youngest boy--now 27, and Jonathan Call, Linda's youngest son of 25 or thereabouts. I also enjoy the company of Hoyt and Kathy -Louise's sister, and I didn't mention Bruce, Louise's brother. So I am surrounded by family and I couldn't do anything wrong if I wanted to, heh heh, heh. I get 25 meals a month here at my apartment complex which I supplement with terribly fattening foods at every opportunity. The food is quite good and I am one of the few that walks, unassisted, into the dining hall.I feel definitely superior with this capability and try not to look smug when I walk in. I am a movie fan and have joined the library and already, in the space of five days have gone through 5 movies. So you see my life is not of excitement and debauchery. I also sing in the church choir and this seems to be in contrast to the preceding sentence, Maybe it is more in keeping with the previous statement, "I couldn't do anything wrong if I wanted to. So this gives you some idea of what is happening in my life. I miss Louise greatly and she has been gone 7 years now. It just goes to prove the old adage, "Only the good die young." Hope all is well with you. You carry my love wherever you are.---Oh, some wag when looking at my picture which I posted with my first blog, said "Who is the young guy"? In reply, I say, "You don't want to see a picture of me that is current. I look like my father who has been dead for 50 years."

No comments: